Being a Young Marine has an incredible amount of benefits. One of the most profound opportunities are SPACES. Check out what our Young Marines can participate in worldwide:
SPACES - Summer Programs, Adventures, Camps, Encampments, and Schools
- SPACES 2021
- National Leadership Academy (NLA)
- National Flight Academy
- Drill and Ceremonies School
- Expedition Independence
- Leadership Academy for Volunteer Adults (LAVA)
- Adventure Links
- Cowboy Adventure
- Wilderness Adventures:
- Costa Rica
National Leadership Academy
Grow your individual leadership skills, overcome fears, and accept challenges at NLA. Join the academy leadership development team and learn to fail and succeed in a safe environment amongst new friends from across the country in a way that will ultimately create bonds that will last a lifetime.
Every Young Marine can attend different types of schools, trips and advanced leadership courses that will help them improve their leadership skills or field skills.
- Advanced Leadership School (ALS) - For YM/GySgt & Above, at least 15yo
- Senior Leadership School (SLS) - For YM/Sgt & Above, at least 14yo
- Junior Leadership School (JLS) - For YM/LCpl & Above, at least 13yo
Once you become a Young Marine, not only do you get the benefits of being a Young Marine, but you gain a family and friends for a lifetime. Once your time is complete, you can join the Alumni Association and continue building your connections and inspiring other Young Marines.